To be an effective as cybersecurity leader, you need both technical knowledge and management skills to gain the respect of technical team members and colleagues. You must understand what technical staff are doing to plan accordingly and manage security projects. This is a big and important job that requires an understanding of a wide array of information security topics.
Why is leadership important in cyber security?
– Creates effective management of cyber security risks
– Encourages a positive cyber security culture within the business
– Promotes trust within the organisation and enables people to speak freely about cyber security concerns
– Enhances resilience and protection for your business
– Allows your organisation to adapt and adjust within an ever changing digital landscape
What can leaders do to help your organisation?
– Make cyber security a talking point for all. Create awareness within your company, ensuring the messages are relevant to your staff to help them understand the importance of good cyber security practices.
– Make culture change a long-term goal. Instil the values and attitude that everyone has a role to play in keeping your business secure. By building a positive culture, you encourage others to feel a sense of responsibility that helps you maintain this.
What can you do to help your leaders?
Encourage your leaders to lead by example. Give them the tools and skills they need to build security that works for people in your organisation.
At 4Secure Ltd. we tailor your cyber security training to empower leaders and ensure they have the right knowledge at hand.
Talk to us to see how we can provide you with the best protection for your organisation when it comes to promoting cyber security awareness within your team.
Clear, concise cyber security since 2003